Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Thoughts and a Layout

Hi everyone!  It's been an emotionally draining week so far, with the recent events and the constant news stories.   It's scary, and so incredibly sad.  I am having a hard time dealing with it all, as we all should be, and I wasn't even affected personally (meaning I wasn't there and didn't know anybody there).   I just don't know how much more of these "events" this world can take.   It's hard not to get consumed by fear.  But I remind myself that a life of fear is not the kind of life I want.  I know that there is more good in this world than bad.  And I am not going to cower to the evil of this world, because that's what we do when we live in fear.

But I am praying for each and every person affected by the shooting in Connecticut.  My heart goes out to you all!  Just think about how many prayers are going up right now, and how many people are stepping up in support...it's a pretty powerful picture.  

So I was able to make a layout for my sketch 228a.  There is still time for you to play along with the challenge for a cool prize.  And there's only two entries so far, so more chance of winning.  ;)

Here's my layout:

I used the fun Blissful Blizzard collection from Fancy Pants.

I really like how this layout turned out.  It's different.  And I love playing with shapes so I had fun with the triangles.  I just cut 4" squares then cut diagonally to create 4 triangles from each square.  I had some left over that I will probably use on a card.  :)

Here are some close up's:


Well I hope you have a fantastic day!  

Please join me in lifting up those affected by the shootings in Connecticut.


8 comments:

Connie Mercer said...

gorgeous as always!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Like you...I have had a truly hard time with it all ... just makes me want to hug my babies even that much more....

I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeee your lo!! LOVING the colors, the photos and loving all the triangles!!!

angie gutshall said...

I love this design!! Such an amazing page!

I know how you feel it's been hard to grasp.

Connie Mercer said...

yes it is difficult to thing about~

Love your LO and your "heart"!!

Mary Jo said...

Love the design of your photo placement!
Also love the stitching around your journaling!

Juliana Michaels 17turtles said...

This tragedy has certainly given us all something to think about...
What a great layout! I love the stitching details and the triangles!!!

Linda Beeson said...

All of the triangle shapes are a fun accent.

Sue Althouse said...

Beautiful page, love how you used the triangle shapes. My heart does ache for those families in CT. Tragic anytime, but even more so at this time of year.