Thursday, July 26, 2012

This Hobby Is Meant To Be Fun!

Every now and then, you just gotta have fun...play...try a new technique.  That's what I did with the layout I am sharing today.


I tore my scrap papers and glued them on my page in four columns.  Then I added a bit of white paint over them.  This kinda dulled it, and when I went to add elements to make page later, it just made them pop even more.  :)

I did this layout for The ScrapCake's blog.  Flo and I both created layouts based on this sketch, created by myself:


To check out Flo's AWESOME layout, go here.

And here are close up's of my own layout:


I used the beautiful My Private Happiness collection from The ScrapCake for most of my layout, but there are bits and pieces from Summer At The Seaside thrown in there too.

Sooo...we'd love to see what you do with this sketch!  Leave a link here so I can check it out OR use papers from The ScrapCake and leave a link on this post here.  :)

Thanks so much for stopping in!!!!
Have a wonderful day!


22 comments:

Katherine said...

Super page I love all that stitching :)

Michelle McClure said...

I really like your new technique. I thought it was the paper design at first.

Elisa K said...

Love your layout and your take on the sketch. I really love your cluster of bits and pieces... Thanks so much for sharing.

scrape n scrap said...

love new techniques... thanks for sharing

scrape n scrap said...

love new techniques... thanks for sharing

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

Such a neat technique with such gorgeous results. Love this!

Georgia Heald said...

Gorgeous, love the technique with gesso!

Lisa Echerd said...

Fantastic page! Love the idea of brighter elements over the white washed paper.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is GORGEOUS! I loveeeee the strips and loveeeeeeeeee the circles!!!!

Sue @ Cakeballs, cookies and more said...

I love the soft colours

Connie Mercer said...

love the stitching so much!!! looks awesome!!!

GLOANN said...

Pays to decide to "just have some fun." Love the look of this entire LO and especially those columns of torn papers with the stitching around them.

Madeline said...

Love your white-wash technique and how it ties together all those scraps! Pretty page!

Murphy's Law said...

Beautiful page. Its fun to play. I've been playing alot.

Unknown said...

Gorgeous! Love the string of circles and of course all the hand stitching!

Christina said...

Great sketch-and I love that paper banner that draws your eye to the photo! Awesome.

Anonymous said...

I love the page and what a great idea. The colors are gorgeous!!

scrappymo! said...

Whitewashing the paper was a great idea...it realy made everything else pop!

Laura said...

Great technique. I agree you have to play and stretch yourself. I've tied lots of new stuff beyond my simple style and I am so much happy and getting so many moe layouts done.

Moongirl said...

I love this sketch! I am going to use it for sure!

Anonymous said...

SO completely gorgeous!!!

csewy-csescrap13 said...

Very pretty! Love the colors and the neat stitching around the strips, wow!