Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Sweet and Not

Hi everyone!

Well Tuesday's are new challenges over at Skipping Stones Design and this week we have another inspiration challenge.  Here's the inspiration:



And this is the card I made:


I used the Cupcake Cutie stamp set for my card.

And I wanted to remind you (or point it out in case you missed it) that Skipping Stones Design is looking for new designers for their design team!  Applications are due THIS Friday, so if you are interested, make sure you get that application in!  Here's the information on that.



On a much different note...
I just wanted to shout out to the survivors of the infamous Aurora shootings.  That's pretty much my backyard...so it really hit close to home this time.  And my heart goes out to all of those that lost loved ones in this horrific event.


I was going to post something on Friday.  And then again on Saturday.  But frankly...I just didn't have the words.  The TV has been constantly reporting on it here.  And I admit, Friday, I watched along with the rest of the world...disgusted and shocked.   I do feel unsafe.  But I also think that was what the gunman probably wanted.

But I am loving all the stories of bravery and sacrifice that are arising from this event.  There was 1 guy who did a horrible thing.  And like 50 people who did extraordinary things.  Their first impulse was to do good...to help.

There's a lot more good in this world than evil.  And sometimes, we just need to remind ourselves of that.  So I urge you to remember this event in a way that honors those lost....in a way that shows how GREAT this world can be!

That's all.

I hope you have a wonderful day.
Thanks for stopping in!


16 comments:

Elisa K said...

Love your card and the take on the inspiration. Thanks for sharing.

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

This tragedy has made the news here in NY too and I am just sickened by it. I can't even stand looking at the photos of the gunman.
On a lighter note, I love your take on the inspiration piece. Pretty circles and colors.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

So sad about CO.... you are probably right.. that is what the man wanted... for us all to fear... my prayers have been non-stop for the victims and their families....

I loveeeeeeeeee your card!! LOVING the colors, the circles and the cupcake!!!!

Unknown said...

Very pretty card! My heart goes out to all the families who've lost a loved one.

Connie Mercer said...

loving your card, you nailed it!!!!

I loved what you wrote about the CO. tradgedy ~ just makes me sick inside.{hugs} Pam!

Mary Pat Siehl said...

what a fun card

laura said...

Love your card. Great use of Pinterest. It is so hard to watch the news coverage 24-7. I have to watch it in bits here and there. It is just so hard to understand this kind of random aggression. Awful.

byondbzr said...

I love your card and thank you for writing about the shooting. I haven't had the words to do so. Hugs!

Danielle said...

The card is beautiful! Great use of the inspiration!

Madeline said...

Lovely card! I still don't have words for the horror in CO.

Moongirl said...

I love the card! The stitching is awesome. And I still can't wrap my brain around what happened in CO. Hugs.

Melissa said...

Your card is gorgeous, such a dreamy color combo!

The tragedy is heartbreaking. The media coverage is taking its toll on me, but I do love how some (like Anderson Cooper) refuse to utter the monster's name. He doesn't deserve the notoriety or fame, the victims do.

Jingle said...

Beautiful card! And yes, having lived in Aurora and that being the place where my husband grew up, this one hits hard! I hope you guys are doing well out there!

Anonymous said...

beautiful card. Love that stitching. My heart goes out to Colorado!

April Derrick said...

Very cute card!

Lydia said...

Good for you for pointing out the positive, it is always there for those who look to see it, far to many of us just look at the bad :) lovely card!!