Friday, July 20, 2012

Same Idea, Different Layout

Hi everyone!  So...I have a couple layouts to share with you today, both using a same design concept...we'll you'll see.  They both use the Plumeria collection from BasicGrey.

I started with a sheet of paper and using a craft knife I cut out a large burst template.  Very imperfect.  I sponged ink over the template to create a design on a different sheet of paper.  Here's my first layout, using the sponged design:


It's part elegance and part funky.  :)

Here are the close up's:

I'm digging the purple and orange.  :)

And then instead of throwing that paper template away, with ink and all, I added it to form my next layout:


Lot's of journaling on this one...and it's the real kind.

Here are the close up's:


One thing I am really appreciating as I go through some of these old photos...the dates on the back!  I need to make sure I do more of that on my own photos or layouts.

Well thanks for stopping in!!

Have a wonderful day!


19 comments:

Debbi Tehrani said...

Such wonderful pages, Pamela, and what a cool idea to use that template in a whole new way! Love you you journaled in the rays. Both pages are just beautiful!

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

Such a creative touch to these pages! I love your "waste not, want not" approach in using your template on a second page. :)

Tammy said...

These are fantastic! I am loving the sun rays right now. And I love that you used purple - looks really cool!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wowwwwwww!! These are BEAUTIFUL!!! I loveeeeeeeeeeee the stitching with the first lo and loveeeeeeeeee how you used the template of the rays on the second one!! Just gorgeous!!!!!!!

Mary Pat Siehl said...

love them both! great job and what afun template

Mary Jo said...

Fun that you used the template for both pages!

Connie Mercer said...

Theses are great pamela!!! Beautiful~ need to try that sun burst sometime!!!

Teka Cochonneau said...

Wonderful take on the sunbursts!

Fawn said...

Beautiful work. The stitching is amazing.

Murphy's Law said...

I have to agree the stitching is amazing and the design is wonderful. The 2 maybe similar but they each are unique in their own way. Love it!

Christina Collins said...

Wow! Stunning work. I especially love the second one. The frames are just he perfect touch and I love the journaling inside the sunburst.

scrappymo! said...

I like the way you used the template differently in each layout. I especially like the one with teh writing on it!

Jingle said...

WOW! So pretty!

byondbzr said...

Great idea to reuse the template, both pages are awesome!

Annie Collins said...

Both your layouts are amazing. I love older photos. I have some of my mom. I made a mini of some but, i want to use some in a layout. Thanks for the inpiration

Anonymous said...

these are amazing! So very clever!!!

Kelly Roberts said...

WOW! the stitching is so awesome! love how it looks like the sun rays. also the vintage one is lovely, too. i like how you journaled on the rays. very cool pages!

Unknown said...

Terrific idea! Love the template! It really does a great job on both!

Linda Beeson said...

I love your design, both layouts are so neat!