Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Once Upon A Sketch challenge and a New Christmas Layout!!

Today a new challenge is up at Once Upon A Sketch. It's not my turn to do it, but I still wanted to let you know about it! I hope you play along with us! :)

The challenge:

Journaling Criteria: This time the journaling criteria focuses on you as a woman. What is the best thing about being a woman? Motherhood? Shopping? Make Up? Girls nights? Gossip? Your journaling can be as long as you wish and in any language, but you must journal at least 2 sentences on the best part of being a woman.

You must combine the journaling criteria with this sketch:



The prizes:

Lots of good stuff to win!

1. The winner of this challenge, as chosen by the Design Team, will receive a pack of fabulous chipboard from Imaginarium Designs...



It includes some of their latest and most popular chipboard. The best thing about this, is that the pack will be different each month and will be customised to fit the winners needs. So if you have girls, you will be sent girly chipboard etc.

2. One randomly chosen winner will receive a mixture of products from The Chip Chop Shop to the value of $25.00 plus postage.


I really hope you play along with us this!!!! You have until Nov. 29th to upload your entry here. Can't wait to see what YOU do! :)



I also have a layout that I want to share with you today. Prepare yourself...it's a Christmas layout! You may be saying that you are not ready for that yet, but I have SO been feeling the Christmas spirit lately...maybe because of all the Christmas projects I've been working on. Or perhaps it's because I already started listening to Christmas music! ;) Too early?

This layout uses the AWESOME (and I can't emphasize the AWESOME enough!) new Christmas line from The ScrapCake, called Cozy Xmas. I have LOVED playing with this line...it's one of my favorites for sure.

So here's the layout:


Every Christmas season we drive around and look at lights. It's a tradition. I did it when I was a kid, and now we do it with our kids. :) I always look forward to it. Anyways, this picture is of a house we saw...it is not my house (I wish), just a fabulously beautiful house that was magnificently decorated for Christmas. :)

Here are some close up's of my layout:



Those chipboard fences are from Magistical Memories, and the alphabet is from Fancy Pants Designs. All adhesive used was from Helmar.

Ok...so now it's your turn, 'fess up...has your Christmas music been on yet? We're all friends here. ;) I can't be the only one.

Have a fantastic day!

20 comments:

Dara Lynn said...

Pamela....I looove the Christmas season, and adore this photo of Christmas lights. I remember going to see the Christmas lights when I was young, and equally enjoyed doing the same with my own children:) I can tell by how whimsically fun this layout turned out you really enjoyed the new Christmas line from Scrap Cake!

angie gutshall said...

Pam, this is beautiful! Love all the details!! Fun prizes too!

Mary Pat Siehl said...

wow this is just so pretty! great take on the sketch

Connie Mercer said...

Love the fence and ginger bread boy~what vision!!! awesome work!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Love love love love that lo!! LOVING the photo, the hanging ornaments, the fence... just GORGEOUS! :):):):):):):):):):):)

Tracey Taylor said...

Oh, Pamela, this is STUNNING. This is my all time fav. page of yours. Well done!

Becky said...

What an awesome picture! Beautiful layout! You are not the only one, I busted out my Christmas music last week :)

Tanya Ham said...

Oh, I love this! I really need to learn how to set my camera to take photos like this and not just be blurry! GREAT layout!

Murphy's Law said...

what a stunning page. the eye candy is just so yummy!!!

sue said...

Love your lay out!

Unknown said...

Thisis so gorgeous!!! I have yet to listen to Christmas music, but my tree is up already!!! I love this season.

PattyC said...

Wow! I love your layout, just beautiful!

Jingle said...

This is an absolutely gorgeous layout!!!!

Danielle said...

Very pretty! I love the colors of this layout.

ScrappnBee said...

Christmas is one of my favorite holidays! Love this layout! It reminds me of a white Christmas! Love the layers! Beautifully done!!! -Amanda

Vanessa said...

Awesome layout!

Sandie said...

That Christmas layout is AWESOME! I absolutely love it!

Thanks for the heads up also of the new sketch challenge. I've already planned it out in my head. I know exactly what I'm going to do. Love the sketch.

Johanna said...

Such a nice LO!! I love all the details :)

Amy said...

This is beautiful. The lights are one of my favorite parts of Christmas....we drive around too! Thanks for sharing your beautiful layout!

Katherine said...

Wow what a gorgeous page and so many lovely goodies on offer. I love all the elements you have used there is soo much detail it is a page I could look at again and again and still find something new.