Monday, September 12, 2011

Totally Random

Life can be random.

And it's often those random moments that I love best. :)

Last month I did a layout for the Fancy Pants blog. It was one of those Pocket Chick Pick posts where we pick something from the Fancy Pants Facebook Fan Gallery and scraplift it or use it as a inspiration piece. I picked a card by Veronica Johnson. This was her card:


And this was the layout I came up with based on her fab card:

I used the fabulous Off To School collection to create my page. I made a banner across the top just like Veronica did, but I also added a bit of the negative piece from my chipboard and then journaled inside it. I kept the four squares at the bottom of the page (well, more like rectangles), all from the same patterned paper, but instead of using one piece of paper to layer behind the squares, I cut some of the cards from the Cards sheet of paper and then made a mat behind the squares. I wanted some of the pieces to stick out further then the others to give it a unique random look. :) And then I added some photos and embellishments and the title (which you'll notice is in the same place as the sentiment from Veronica's card). I am very happy with the way my layout turned out!


Here are some close up's of my layout:




Thanks for the inspiration Veronica! And if you create something using Fancy Pants products, remember to post your projects in the Fancy Pants facebook gallery and maybe it will be YOUR project that inspires us next!

Have an AWESOME day!!!

6 comments:

Murphy's Law said...

ooooooooo great lift!!! both are wonderful projects!

Jingle said...

I love your layout!!! The open banner pieces are fabulous! GREAT idea!

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

Great banner work! I love how you put some of the journaling in there!

Unknown said...

Fun page! Love how you included the journaling!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loveeeeeeeeeee this! LOVING the negative banner! :):):):):):):):):):):)

Lisa Dorsey said...

Oh I love that layout Pamela! So very cute and fabulous design!