Friday, September 30, 2011

It's All About the Number 3

Yep...that's the challenge on the BasicGrey blog today. Use 3 photos, 3 different patterned papers, and 3 brads. This was actually a tough challenge for me because I like to use more then 3 pieces of patterned paper.

Anyways...so I started of with this:


And we were allowed to add more as long as it wasn't more photos, paper or brads. So I added this:

And came up with this:

Before I started I cut the butterfly out of my grid paper, then I started layering pieces of the other 2 papers along with my photos. I wanted lots of layers, like my typical style so I added a bunch of strips. I added my title using two different alphabet sets. After I laid it all out, I decided I wanted a piece of paper behind my Inviting sheet for a border but didn't have a full sheet of paper left so I pieced parts of two papers behind my layout. My brads are in the center of the right butterfly.

Here are some close up's:




Please come play along with us! Visit the BasicGrey blog for all the details!

Have a wonderful day!

13 comments:

Kelly Massman said...

Gorgeous!

Jen Martakis said...

You did an awesome job with this challenge! You are always such an inspiration Pamela. :)

Mary Pat Siehl said...

great job!

Sue Althouse said...

I love the way you adapted the challenge to the way you like to scrap. I would never have thought you limited your supplies that much! Lovely page.

Johanna said...

Are my "GORGEOUUUUUSSS" comments getting old?

Becky said...

What a fun challenge!

Lynn said...

great challenge and very fun page. love the colors and design!

Jingle said...

Very cute!

GLOANN said...

Being limited does bring out the creativity, doesn't it. You did a great job with this.

Amy said...

What a beautiful layout! I love the challenge! So fun!

Marjie Kemper said...

Totally gorgeous layout!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wowwwwwwwwwww! This is GORGEOUS!! You ROCKED that challenge! WOW! :):):):):):):):):):):):)

happydays525 said...

I love this layout so much! It came together perfectly. :)