Thursday, April 8, 2010

Tattered Angels and Prima and Helmar...oh my!

Hi everyone! Tattered Angels had a swap this month with Prima so the design team got to work with a bunch of Prima stuff this month. I had so much fun! They even sent me a canvas apron to alter!!!! I will get to my projects in just a sec...

First, I did something very hard for me this week. :) I set aside my good and faithful tombow mono adhesive runner that I use for everything. I have a hard time with adhesive...I just have not found any but that one that I even like...until now. You see Tracy sent me a bunch of Helmar products to use...I was a little leery at first because of my adhesive experiences, but now I want to shout "Thank You Tracy (and Pinky!)". So today I will also be pointing out what adhesive I used. :)

Ok, on to the projects...

Like I mentioned already, I received an AWESOME canvas apron from Prima to alter. Here is what it looks like now...


Hmm...should have ironed it first, huh. :)

I masked off sections and then sprayed repeatedly with Burnt Red glimmer mist and one of the Blossoms screens, so it looked like a printed fabric almost in the end. I also used some Lemon Grass glimmer mist and the butterfly screen on my apron. I then added my embellishments including Framed Fonts from Tattered Angels and flowers sprayed with glimmer mist. Here's another look at the finished project:

And some close up's:



I adhered my flowers and embellishments to my apron using Helmar's 450 Quick Dry Adhesive...I was pretty impressed...certainly beat what I typically would do...get out the old and faithful hot glue gun (which can get pretty messy!). But I didn't just use this adhesive to adhere my stuff done...I dabbed dots on my apron and the lightly sprayed with glimmer mist to give a little shine. Here's a close up where you can see what I am talking about:



Overall, I am really pleased with how this turned out. :)


Ok, and on to my first layout...


I can never get enough of those tree glimmer screens, and I used the Forrest Green glimmer mist. You will also see that I used a frame (from one of the framed fonts) and a glimmer glass piece, as well as some fun die cuts from Tattered Angels. The papers and the flowers from Prima go along with my theme of the layout perfectly...she's so delicate! Here's some close up's:

That glimmer glass piece is acetate and I always have a difficult time adhering it to the page. In the past I have stitched them on or adhered them where I know they are going to be covered. But this time I used the V2 Vellum adhesive from Helmar and I was SO PLEASED! It works perfectly, it dries completely clear and sticks good...I will be using this for all of my clear embellishments from now on! I used the Quick Fix Adhesive runner for the papers and the 450 Quick Dry Adhesive for the flowers. That Quick Fix adhesive runner is pretty amazing too...I like my adhesive strong and this one is strong! :)


And here is another layout for you...


That large shaped piece is actually from the packaging from the Prima apron. :) I sprayed the Burnt Red glimmer mist (again) on it over one of the Garden Lattice screens.

And check out the Glimmer Glass bike I used on my project...

I used the V2 Vellum Adhesive again on it....LOVE that stuff...in my opinion it is simply a miracle. :) I used the Quick Fix Adhesive runner for the papers and the 450 Quick Dry Adhesive for the flowers.

18 comments:

Audra said...

loooove that apron... sooo pretty!! :) gorgeous layouts too... especially the first one... the colors are beautiful!! amazing work as always!! :) I love the combo of prima and tattered angels!! thx for the tips about adhesive... I fight with it all the time too lol :)... I'll have to give some of that stuff a try!! :)

Kelly Massman said...

I feel the same way about adhesive. I haven't been fortunate enough to receive an Helmar, but from what I am hearing, I should fork over the money to buy some if I can find it! I love the projects you posted today!

vtpuggirl said...

Love that first layout so much! Love all the altered stuff by prima, didn't know they had all that!

Scrapycandy said...

I like the apron and I love the inspiration! But I still do not "get" the 'decorating the apron' concept. What would I do with an apron I cannot wash? From the beginning watching Donna work on her aprons I have missed the point completely. Perhaps you could clue me in?

Pamela said...

Scrapycandy--I will use this apron when working on my projects, like when I am using glimmer mist and paint. It keeps my from ruining my clothes, plus if it gets ink or paint on it...it just adds to the design. I don't plan on ever washing it. BUT you could wash this one if I didn't put those particular letters on it. If I used fabric letters I would be able to wash it. Even the adhesive I used was machine washable. :)

Lisa Dorsey said...

What great projects Pamela! Lovin' that apron!

lisa dickinson said...

how cute is that apron?!?

kellystar said...

apron is very cute...and I love that bicycle. I too have not found an adhesive that is my favorite...thanks for the tip (and Pinky).

Nathalie Kalbach said...

so so so amazing!!! I love all your layouts and the beautiful apron!!!

sollie said...

I'm totally in love with glimmer mist! It's so much fun to use it.
Love your layouts.
xxx, Isolde

Robyn Schaub said...

Beautiful projects! That apron is amazing! I need to branch out with my Glimmer Mist...you have inspired me!

Becky said...

LOVE what you did to the apron :)

Rene Sharp said...

Hi Pamela. What a stunning layout!! Your style is just gorgeous. I love the prettiness and softness of all your layouts. I have just joined over at your other site Scrapbook Challenges. I thought your face was familiar, and now I know why. I quite often take part in the challenges over at Scrap & Stamp!! Looking forward to getting to know you better. Smiles, Rene'

D said...

Wow, you lucky lucky girl. Look like you had soooo much fun! Great apron! Btw, I got you Rusty pickle papers in the mail on Wednesday and thought I died and gone to heaven! Thank you, thank you, thank you! I made a layout right away. You can see it at http://lalasworldblog.blogspot.com/2010/04/pumpkin-fairy-vs-angel.html.

Happy Friday :)

all the days of our life said...

WOW!!!! That apron is Gorgeous. I love the tree screens also.

Casey Wright said...

One word comes to mind and it's WOW!!! Those projects are amazing - I love the apron and I love what you did with the mists on your LO - beautiful!

Scrapycandy said...

Thanks for the update on the apron...but I would really not want anything spilled on a work of art even if it was an apron. If you know what I mean.

erin said...

omgosh how gorgeous!!! love your work pamela, and that apron is just beautiful. great job.
met the owner of tattered angels tonite at heidi's class, she is a class act! love her.