Thursday, April 1, 2010

A Layout and Some Announcements

Hi everyone! You didn't think I disappeared, did you? :) Sorry, life just got really busy the past couple of days. I'm sure you know how that is.

For this layout, I took a printed transparency and colored in only a portion of it. I used Sharpies to color it, but there are several things you could use.


Then I used this on my layout, and I outlined the colored portions with 3D paint. :) I like how it turned out. Here's the finished layout:


All the papers and flowers are from Prima Marketing. :)

And Tattered Angels is introducing a new campaign called "Glimmer of Hope". Periodically throughout the year, they will be introducing new (limited) colors. These will be in honor of various illnesses/conditions, and a portion of the proceeds will be given to research organizations for these illnesses. April is Autism Awareness month, and Tattered Angels has created "Piece of Heart"--a beautiful medium turquoise color with gold glimmer. Here it is:

Visit the Tattered Angels site for more information or to purchase it.

Ok, and one last announcement...today, My Little Shoebox is having a design team call!!!! You won't want to miss out on that! It has been the BEST experience being on the MLS design team! :) Here are the details, which you can also find on their blog:


My Little Shoebox Design Team Call

My Little Shoebox is looking for talented, motivated, responsible designers who have time to commit to design layouts and projects each month with our products and promote our products online and at their local stores. We haven't set a specific number of designers for our team. We welcome international submissions.

We are looking for:
1. Enthusiastic, creative people that love My Little Shoebox and are able to do monthly assignments such as layouts, projects, and cards with our products.
2. You must post your work on 2 different galleries plus the MLS galleries
3. You must be able to commit to a 12 months term, which will be from
July1, 2010 through June 30, 2011.
4. You must be at least 18 years of age.
5. You agree to release the rights of your designs to My Little Shoebox for display on the company website, blog , and in company publications.
6. If needed, your designs may also be needed for display at trade shows.
7. In addition, as a design team member, you will be contributing once per term to our company newsletter and be required quarterly to make a photo or video highlighting a technique for the blog.
8. International submissions welcome.

In return you will receive:
1. A quarterly package with plenty of MLS products to design with.
2. Your picture and bio on the My Little Shoebox website

To apply please send the following to dtcall@mylittleshoebox.com (please use your full name as the subject) :
1.Full name. address, phone number and email address
2. 2 layouts, 1 card and 1 project representing your best work using MLS products (jpeg files no larger than 500 kb)
3. A link to your personal blog and to the online galleries or message boards that you post on)
4. Design teams that you currently are on.
5. Write a paragraph about yourself telling us why you think you'll be a good fit for the MLS team.
6. If you've been published.
7. If you teach classes.

Submission deadline is May 15, 2010
Our design team members will be announced on June 15, 2010.

We thank you in advance for all of your work and appreciate your entry!
Please send all inquiries to dt@mylittleshoebox.com .



Have a fantastic Thursday! Oh...and Happy April Fools Day! I wish I was clever enough to come up with something fun to do for it. Even I do though I just feel guilty about misleading people. :) So no April Fools jokes for me, but I hope it is a fun day for you!

6 comments:

anazelia said...

that is absolutely gorgeous

Norma Kennedy said...

Beautiful layout Pamela and Thanks for sharing ur awesome technique !

Lisa Dorsey said...

What a cool layout Pamela! Love that transparency and how you used it!

Paula-Scrap Addict said...

Love the scrapbook page! That is really cute :-) Paula

Audra said...

gorgeous layout!! I'm the same way about April Fool's.. I'm horrible at lying!! :)

laterg8r said...

very cool idea with the transparency :D