Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Just goes to show you...

Hi everyone! So I was lucky enough to get several layouts picked up from Memory Makers for an upcoming book BUT they didn't pick up my personal favorite! It just goes to show you how people can have different tastes. :) And now I can share it with you!


All the papers and flowers are from Prima Marketing. :) Here are some close up's:



The word family is lightly stamped and then I stitched around it. I did this (and similar projects) while in the parking lot waiting to pick up my son from school or while watching tv. Just set your projects aside that you want to add stitching to and pull it out when you are just sitting around. :)

And here is a sneak at something else I have been working on...

Hope you have a fantastic Wednesday!


Supplies for "You 3 are Family":
Papers and Flowers--Prima Marketing, Stamps ("family")--Unity Stamp Company, Ink--Stampin' Up! , Paint--Making Memories and Scribbles, Chipboard ("3")--American Crafts, Cardstock (for journaling)--Wausau, Computer Program--Microsoft Word, Computer Font--Marker Felt, Pen--Sharpie ("you" and "are"), Thread--DMC.

11 comments:

Nathalie Kalbach said...

what a stunning layout!!!! Love it ! And ohhh those birds- too cute- can't wait to see what you are doing with them!

Marlene said...

Beautiful layout. My jaw hit the ground when I saw your fabulous stitching around the word "Family". I still haven't picked it up...and now I'm drooling. WOW.

ellen s. said...

those birdies are so cute!

and i looove that layout...isnt' that weird how that works, LOL!

it's gorgeous..and that stitching!

D said...

Amazing layout. I can see how they wanted to feature it in their magazine! You are so creative.

rebekah said...

love the layout! the stitching & the ink blotting on the background paper! the lit'l birdies are super cute!

Audra said...

really pretty layout!! looove that stitching!! :) I can't wait to see what your creating with those super cute little birdies!! :)

gudrun said...

This LO is SO, SO beautiful!
And the birds: TOO CUTE :)

Kelly Massman said...

That is a beautiful layout! Love your sneak, too!

Linda Rodriguez said...

What a wonderful layout; I just love the stitching - it was the first thing that caught my eye! Go figure why this one wasn't picked up, but congrats on the others. :D

kellystar said...

I love how you painted under the flowers. I would have picked this as a favorite too.

Casey Wright said...

Can't believe they didn't pick that one - it's beautiful and I especially love the hand stitching for the title - its lovely!