Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Age

What is it about age that evokes such strong feelings and fears? I don't mind getting older...maybe I won't feel like that forever though. I want to know your thoughts. But I don't want to just hear them :P I want to see them! I want to see layouts that talk about age. It's for my next article. Here's the official call:

Great Age. Thoughts on how you feel at one age or another? Finding this year to be a bigger milestone than you anticipated? We are looking for layouts that focus on you at your age.

Never submitted before to ScrapStreet? That's ok! It really is the best online magazine around! I have been regularly submitting long before I became part of the team. Check out the rest of the calls too, you can find them here.

Deadline is midnight April 29th for all calls.
Please send your work to submissions@scrapstreet.com.

Here's a layout that I made for the April BAP challenge at Prima.



I really love the way this layout turned out, but I like the way it looks in person way better then the above picture. So, I took a lot of close up's to help you see the layout better. :) Here they are...

That heart was cut out of a transparency. I glimmer misted it and then poured UTEE on top of it and heat embossed it. Some of it did bubble a bit, but I think it just adds to the look. :)

Notice that it is an age layout. :)




Pretty much everything is from Prima.

Hope you have a wonderful Tuesday! :)

11 comments:

Carole Stirrat said...

Pamela, this is absolutely stunning!! Love everything about it!

StampinCathy said...

Love the pages. You are so creative and inspiring.

Lydia said...

Great layout, love the red and and what a quirky and wonderful photo!

rebekah said...

love the layout! can't imagion it looks even better in person! i love the challange of the age layout idea.. but for me this is a scary subject (even though we're the same age) so maybe this is something i will embrace - cuase lets face it! it can't be avoided! :)

laterg8r said...

fantastic, love all the close ups :D

Rene Sharp said...

Absolutely fantastic layout Pamela! Also congrats on your new DT gig!

Marlene said...

31. HA! I wish!! That was a long, long time ago for me. :)

Beautiful layout. I love the photo, too.

caroline hancock said...

Pamela as always this layout is beautiful,great job

Murphy's Law said...

ooooooooooo love the lo! and aging??? i ain't goin' down easy.

Tracey Taylor said...

This is really pretty. love all the details.

vtpuggirl said...

Very pretty page! I didn't mind age, until I turned 30. Now I'm sweating it. :)