Sunday, February 28, 2010

SSCC #28

Ok, the challenge this week at SSCC is a bit different, and it comes from me! It's just that God has specifically been placing this on my heart for awhile now.




"And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him."
Colossians 3:17

We serve a creative God, and we, as creative people, tend to appreciate that more then some. But how much more creative is God. How awesome is He really? When you stop and think about who He is and who we are, what He has done and what we have done. How can we not fall to our knees and worship our God? I think many of us are a bit confused about what it means to worship. We tend to think it is a set of songs that we sing at the beginning of our church service. Ahh...but worship is so much more than that. A very wise person once told me that "worship is more the state of the heart then the state of our art." Worship isn't just music. Worship can be anything and everything. We, as Christians, are to cultivate a lifestyle of worship! WHATEVER we do, we should do it for the glory of God! Even card-making or scrapbooking. Our hobby, our art, can be done as worship to God. Do you believe that? Isn't it He that gave us our gift of creativity. Don't you think it gives Him pleasure to see us use it? Let us thank Him. This site often allows us to use a hobby in ways of serving our God. This week our challenge will be a bit different...it may be challenging and it may not.

Challenge:
You have free reign of what you want to do this week..card, layout, project...any theme, any colors, any style...whatever you want. But here's the deal: I want you to actively do this as an act of worship to our God. Before starting, pray. Thank God for your gift. While working, feel free to pray more, or perhaps sing out to Him. Put your focus on Him and remember that it is He who gave you your gift (however good or bad you think you are at this) and remember that it makes Him happy to see you at work. Do this challenge, as if you were doing it for Christ himself! This challenge will really be on an honor code...we have no way of knowing whether you really do this. BUT the only person missing out, would be you. Let this be a time with God. Thank Him. Worship Him. Serve him. He is so good!

Here is what I did for the challenge. It is a canvas project that I made to hang on the wall:







And I am going to share this with you, not because I am wanting to make myself look good, but because I want to encourage you with this challenge. I spent the whole night doing this. I prayed, I worshiped, I worked, I even felt led to take a break and comment on current challenge participants to encourage them. I felt like I spent the whole night with God...and it was AWESOME! I haven't done that in quite awhile. So I really do encourage you to take the challenge seriously and go for it! :)


Supplies for Psalm 62:7 Canvas:

Paint--Making Memories, Papers, Flowers, stamp and pearls--Prima Marketing Inc., Glimmer Mist and Glimmer Screen--Tattered Angels, Chipboard Bird and Cage--Maya Road, Chipboard Letters--American Crafts and Prima Marketing, Letter Stickers--Scenic Route, Lace--Offray.

10 comments:

anne g-i said...

Your canvas is beautiful and a lovely testimony of your faith. It sounds like you had an incredible spiritual experience!! I'm anxious to see the projects that come out of this challenge!

Candace said...

It is so gorgeous, Pamela! I love it! Thank you so much for this challenge...it was wonderful! Have a great week!! :)

Anonymous said...

Pamela, I love you dear sister! This is an awesome scripture challenge and really spoke to me this week. Thanks for this. Your canvas is stunning.

Helen said...

This is gorgeous! Thank you for challenging us to worship God while we create something with the talent He's blessed us with. It was an amazing time and many wonderful creations have come from it!
Blessings!
~H

peggysue said...

I so enjoyed your challenge, it was inspired, truly. And this morning's service focused entirely on worship, God's timing is amazing! I was smiling the whole time I created my piece and I really pray and hope that this challenge touches many other stampers this week.

Unknown said...

Well Pam you are gold! it's so nice to see some one who is not affraid to say what is so OBVIOUSLY (to me any way) SO TRUE and I thank you for this challenge. It's early hrs of the morning now but you can bet tomorow I will be starting this project I will of couse include a moment or two of my prayers this evening to this particular subject.

Thank You

Love Dawn xx

scrappermimi said...

This is just gorgeous Pam...a work of art!

Cathy Bautista said...

Wow Pam, that canvas is so beautiful!!! TFI!

Becky said...

Pamela....I just love your canvas! I have always felt as you do...that all we do is to be done for Him...but as of late have been falling in this department. Thanks for the reminder and the inspiration!

Jessica - Magical Mundane said...

Pamela,

You and I don't have the same religious beliefs but I want to say how awesome this challenge is. I think there are many faiths that this post applies to. Also, kuddos for being so open and forthright with your beliefs. Many folks try to steer clear of faith in their blog topics but it is so heartwarming to see the joy you have in yours.

(((HUGS)))

Jessica