Monday, December 7, 2009

Praying

2 Chronicles 7:14 "If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land." (NIV)

As Christians, we are called to pray. To pray for those we know and love, to pray for the poor, and yes, to even pray for our enemies. But I fear that most of us don't make enough time for prayer. I once heard a startling statistic about the percentage of Christians that pray everyday. Now I am not trying to make you feel bad, I have struggled with this myself...so maybe we should make a pact to try harder at this prayer thing. I do know that when my prayer life is healthy my whole life seems to be better (and even when it's not, I seem to be able to handle things better). :)

No comments: