Sunday, November 1, 2009

SSCC 11

So guess who the challenge comes from this week at SSCC...me! :)
My Challenge:
Deuteronomy 31:8 (NIV)
"The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged."
I am in a Bible study on Esther, and it has got me thinking about those times when we can't see or hear God. It is in those times that we just have to rely on the truth we know...that God is always with us...even when He remains silent. My challenge for you this week is to create something about when God is "unseen". You can make a scrapbook layout that reminds you that God is always with you, or you can make a card to encourage a friend and remind them that God is with them. You could even make something to hang on your wall. Just a reminder, that when you do this you will not only be reminded of God's presence in your own life, but it may be just the thing that someone else needs to see...whether they see it on your wall, in your scrapbooks or in a card. We can lead others to Christ, even through our work.
Here's what I created for this challenge. It is a scrapbook page, although there are no pictures on it. It is for a special album I am making about my faith.


Some close up's:


I really hope you take the time to play along with us this week! :)

11 comments:

peggysue said...

I had such a great time making a project to coincide with your challenge this week Pamela, what a great reminder! One that we need to think about every day, God is near. And this scrapbook page is amazing, I'm in awe . . .I have no scrapbook talent. That is going to be a lovely book when you're finished . . . will you publish it and send me a copy? :)

laterg8r said...

beautiful - a lovely idea to scrap about your faith :D

Anonymous said...

I am blown away by your LO. Are you going to frame this and place it where your precious little ones can see it everyday? So profound.

Ceal said...

Love your page! I love the Beth Moore Ester study. Thanks for sharing

Terria said...

Love your page and a wonderful reminder I love it !

Zhenya and Nika Aksutin said...

Hello! My name is Nika! I so like your blog! We are from Russia. My husband and I to work with students. We organize many clubs to construct attitudes friendship and to speak them about the Christ. I have ladys club, we to do hand made cards, scrapbook, quilt and crosstitch. It is good opportunity to testify about our God and His love! Every Saturday I have craft club for ladyes. We do cards, quilt, crochet, cross stitch too. It very not usual and new to Russian culture. I to study from different blogs how to make cards, made quilt and to use different technics. We are missionary to the Far East Russia. We are russian. We live in city Birobidzhan, it is the Jewish region in Russia. A lot of Jews live here. They have synagogues and to celebrate religious holidays. But many of them do not know the Christ. We have 2 daughters. Polina is 9 years and Liliya is 3 years.And if you are interesting about us I shall be glad give answer to you. I will glad if you can write me.Sorry my English. May I ask if you can send some stamps for our club?
Nika
--
You can vizit to my blog http://christforchristglory.blogspot.com
and our family ministry blog
http://fareastrussiaforgodsglory

Kristine said...

I always thought from the first time I saw this that it is definately a "MASTERPIECE" Pamela! :) Wonderful challenge and scripture you've provided us this week--THANK YOU!! Everyone did such a great job too. Now if only I can get some scrapbook MOJO to come my way! LOL =) Have a great week! xXx

Candace said...

I love what you did here...it is just beautiful! I love all of the different elements. Thanks for hosting a great challenge!

Amy said...

love this verse and what you did with it. i'm hoping i'll get a chance to play with this on my upcoming scrap weekend :)

Christi said...

Wow! Your scrapbook page is beautiful! I love the verse you chose for us this week. What an awesome reminder that God is always with us! Thanks so much for the wonderful challenge this week!

Helen said...

You completely knock it out of the ballpark! Your work is so amazing! Thanks for hosting the challenge this week. It's wonderful to be reminded that even though we might not notice God's presence, He IS always with us.
Blessings!
~H