Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Retreat Wrap Up

So as you know, I have just returned from the Rusty Pickle retreat. Those that attended were either on the design team or worked for Rusty Pickle. It really was a BLAST! I loved meeting people in real life. I thought I would show you some pictures. Unfortunately I don't have a group picture of us all, and I am surprised by how little pictures I did take.

Let me start with a project I made while I was there. It was SO quick and easy. All of the retreat attendees received an awesome package of goodies from sponsors (many awesome sponsors). One of those sponsors was Say It With Letters. Each one of us received a wooden house. Here is what I did with mine, using Rusty Pickle paper of course. :)



And at the retreat we had a secret sister swap. I will show you what I made for the swap tomorrow. My secret sister gift was given to me by Dawn, and I loved it! Here is what I received from Dawn:



Isn't it amazing! She even found pics of my family to put in it! Did I mention that I love it? Thank you Dawn!!!

Ok, and here are some pics....


I snagged this one from Cathleen. I managed to forget to take pictures of the cabin. :)

We had some deer that would come right up to the house. It was funny, because I see deer a lot but several of the gals were really impressed by this. :)

This one is another one that I snagged, from Julie. I think I went into the hot tub every night. And I won't show you pictures (even if you pay me, and yes, there are pictures) but this group of gals here (including myself) did something a bit crazy...we all got out of the hot tub, made snow angels in our swimsuits and then of course jumped back in the hot tub. :)

And then here are some pics of the crazy hula-hoopin' girls. I tried but couldn't do it. :)
Here's Kim--
and Mandie--

Beckie--
And Jill--
And here is our fearless leader Tasha, as she watched. I don't think she tried to hula hoop but maybe I missed it. :)

And then just a few more fun pics...

Beckie and Tracey--
Jeri and Alaina--
Me, Noeleen and Heidi--

Seriously, thank you Rusty Pickle for such a fun retreat!

Oh and I have to give a huge shout out to my peeps...ROCK ON TABLE 8! :)

15 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Oh Pamela...I just adore the creations!!!! How great are these!!! It looks like you ladies had a Fabulous time...that is so what I need.....a girls weekend!!! Have a great day!! :-)

Noeleen said...

nice pamela:) i think the one of us in the hot tub is so cute. everyone has such nice smiles. i think we were all glad to be in the warm water:)you have inspired me to make my house too. i mthink i'll use the "white christmas" paper...thanks for a fun time.

Renay said...

Looks like you guys had soooo much fun! Way awesome!

Jen Martakis said...

Look how fun! I want to do something like this. That is so awesome!!!

Tricia said...

What darling photos! Your house is adorable too! Thanks for staying with me on my "panic" day. That was a tough day for me and I appreciate your support. It was nice meeting you and I can't wait to see more of your work in the future!
Tricia

Unknown said...

it looks like so much fun, I love your little house too, Love the tag door on there too. cute!!!

*Wanted to make sure you havent forgotten to post the next sketch over at SC DT?

Unknown said...

Sounds like and amazing time wish I was there too! and fabby items made

Love Dawn xx

Tea said...

The deer photo is amazing and it looks like you all had a great time at the retreat.

Tracey Taylor said...

Sounds like you all had a FAB time!!!

salme said...

Great stuff! And, looks like you had so much fun!!!

Linda Rodriguez said...

What an adorable little house and secret sister gift!! Sounds like a really fun time; I think everyone should have a fun getaway to be creative. :)

Shirley said...

This is waaaaay FUN! I'll never ever ever get the chance to do something like that where I live! We've summer whole year round. And if I were to see a deer outside the cabin, my jaws would probably drop all the way down to the floor in amazement. I soooo envious!

Linda Beeson said...

Wow, is that photo of the deer in the snow amazing! What a fun place.

Boni Boutelle-Jones said...

Oh what fun!! Looks like you gals had an absolute ball!

laterg8r said...

that looks like such a blast!!!!