Thursday, October 1, 2009

Some things to share...

I hope you all are having a fabulous week! Mine has been pretty good. I have a few things I want to share with you today. First of all, let me share a card.

I am part of a Bible study and we have what we call prayer partners. Each person has one person that they pray for that week. Well I decided to make a card to send too, just to remind this person that I am praying for her. :) This card is for this week's Stampin' Sisters in Christchallenge. The scripture was Psalm 19:14 and the challenge was to make a card for someone to let them know you are thinking or praying for them. Here's the card (I have really been in a collage-y mood lately)...


And let me tell you a little secret. This card totally inspired me. It made me dwell on the power of prayer. I wonder why I don't make more "praying for you" cards, rather then "thinking of you"...the first is SO much more powerful. I don't know about you, but I'd rather have someone praying for me then thinking of me...anyways, went off on a tangent. :) But seriously, I need to make more "praying for you" cards because I know so many people who could use just that. I just found out yesterday that one of my online friends is going through chemo. I need to make her one of those cards.

And on to a new topic...

Have you heard of ScrapStreet magazine? It's an ezine. Well a while back, Stacey (wonderfully creative and super sweet!) asked me if I would make a layout for the magazine. I said yes and made this layout, which was in last month's issue...



When I checked out the magazine...I was very impressed with it...it's put together well with great content. It has writing (articles) and not just pictures of layouts. I just was really impressed with it. I have been submitting for calls ever since. :)

Well guess what I discovered this morning!

A layout of mine made the cover!!!


How cool is that! :) I just had to share. I do hope you take the time to check out the whole issue. It's completely free and full of ideas.

Have a fabulous Thursday everyone!

Supplies for "Praying for You" card:
Cardstock--Stampin' Up!, Memo paper--Jenni Bowlin, Old fashioned card, lace and red button--Scarlet Lime (kit), Stamps--Unity (3 stamps near bottom) and Stampin' Up! ("praying for you"), Inks--Stampin' Up!, Rub-on's--Glitz Designs, Chipboard--Stampin' Up!, Glimmer Mist--Tattered Angels, Chipboard and fabric button (on top of heart)--American Crafts, Thread--DMC.

Supplies for "Where I am Going?" layout:
Papers--Fancy Pants and My Little Shoebox, Cardstock (for journaling)--Xerox, Lace--Websters Pages, Chipboard Letters--Basic Grey, Gems--Rusty Pickle, Thread--DMC, Font (Daily Birdie)--Audacious Designs.

15 comments:

Mary Jo said...

Beautiful card, I love the vintagy feel ;) Your comment on my blog was too funny - "well stocked fridge", which I think in my world translates to a huge mess, LOL! Reminds me I need to clean it out!
Have a super day! =)

Jocelyn said...

Beautiful card and how nice that you do that for one another...I sure could use some prayers right now!!!! Love the LO and Congrats on making the cover of the ezine!!! Wishing you a great day!!! :)

erin said...

beautiful work here, pamela!
love love love the shaped one esp, with the lace and stitching wow!

laterg8r said...

love the lace on the inside of your lo shape - very cool!

congrats :D

The Other Patti Sue said...

Gorgeous card!Your right we should be making more "praying for you" cards! Thanks so much for visiting my blog and may the good Lord bless your socks off!LOL!

Jody said...

What a gorgeous card and congrats on the cover!
That's quite the accomplishment :)

Kim Faucher said...

Congrats on the cover!!!
What a great group to be a part of... scrapbooking is so much more than cutting and pasting! ;) I have met so many great people through this hobby!

Love the card too!

betsy (pharmgirl) said...

oh so cool! i think i'm in that issue - or maybe november (??)

i'm just getting to know that ezine, too - it's pretty cool!

Jennifer Beason said...

Congrats, cover girl!!! :)

Trish D said...

I love the card, and wtg on being published!

Kristine said...

WOW...wooohooo and a big CONGRATULATIONS to YOU Pamela!! :) How exciting to be published. I am never submitted anything anywhere, just haven't gone out on that limb yet. But it's sooo exciting when others do and I'm so happy for ya! :)

peggysue said...

Ah you're a scrapper, I find it intimidating! :) Congrats on making the cover of the ezine and I look forward to getting to know you as a DT member for Stampin' Sisters in Christ.

Helen said...

Congratulations on your recent accomplishments! You should be very proud of yourself! You're so talented and I count it a huge blessing that we get to be on the SSCC DT together! Congratulations!
Blessings!
~H

Amy said...

i agree...i would much rather have someone praying for me than thinking of me :) LOL!

Lydia said...

what a great dream!! I love your work and I found it so funny that your hubby said something very close to mine, {the bit about how you have until the kids are in all in school} Go for it girl you have the talent and the tenacity. I would buy your book!