Saturday, June 6, 2009

First Scrap and Stamp Challenge

So today is the first challenge ever over at Scrap and Stamp.  The challenge was two-fold.  First, you must use a sketch designed by yours truly.  



I have posted this one before on my blog.  
Secondly, it should have a Summer theme.  
Oh...and of course, it must include stamping.  :)  

So, this is the layout I made for the challenge:




Journaling reads:
"Summer break = All Play All Day to the boys, but seriously...how long can you guys go up and down the road over and over again driving, or pushing, a toy?  Over and over and over..."

Confession time.  I love making sketches.  Don't particularly love using them though.  :)  And I am not completely happy with this layout of mine.  But that is ok, right!  

I do hope you play along with us!!!  The sponsor for this week is Limelight Papercrafts.  See the fabulous prize package on the Scrap and Stamp blog.  

Have a great Saturday!


My Supplies:

Paper--Lily Bee Designs, Stamps--Prima (Stamp like--at top and the journaling border at bottom) and Hero Arts (Tree and birds), Ink--Stampin' Up! (Chocolate Chip, and various markers), Letter Stickers--Jenni Bowlin, Candy Dots (on tree and three at top)--Pebbles, Thread--DMC, 3D Paint--Scribbles.

13 comments:

Unknown said...

Ooo, I love that sketch and the layout. The pink and green are lovely together!!

Chris said...

i think you did a great job on this...[i don't really like my lo either, we are our worst critics!LOL] i really like the details on this!

Regina said...

well, I LOVE your page and of course the sketch ROCKS!!! WHOOHOO - we are off and running! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

betsy (pharmgirl) said...

Well, I'm glad you like making sketches because yours are soooo good!

love the page too!

Rose Ann said...

Pamela, Love this layout. I like the lil pink dots and tree theme. my eye is drawn to the pictures because the colors are wonderfully blended together. The way you set out to -->tie<-- everything together is wonderful, it works, from my point of view!! ~:O)

ScrapMomOf2 said...

I think your layout is GREAT! Love the sketch!

kathleenh said...

Fantastic page Pamela! I especially love the journaling treatment at the top and the stitched trim piece!

Erin... said...

WOndeful page! The paper and stamps are great and I love the stitching.

Boni Boutelle-Jones said...

I love your layout and I can hope to get sketchitis some day and be able to create from the ground up but until then I have wonderfully sketchy friends to help me!! YOU ROCK! And I love the journalling - when I first started to read it I thought they were asking how much longer is summer break - LOL that's what mine ask. Just so they can go up and down and back and forth a million times!! Great job!

Kay Kalthoff said...

Oh, wow! How fun to meet the lady behind the layout! GREAT job! You have an awesome blog - tons of great ideas!
Kay

Angela W said...

I think it is a very cute layout and love the colors!

Melissa said...

You should be SO proud of yourself Pamela! Not only does your sketch rock, but your page is awesome too! Well done and thank you for being part of our team!

Many Blessings,
M.

Unknown said...

What a great sketch, here is my take on it!
-Cher

http://stampingwithcher.blogspot.com/2009/06/summer-sketch-challenge.html