Saturday, April 11, 2009

ScrapLovers Reveals Part 1

Oh, it was a challenge for me this month.  :)  My DT kit from ScrapLovers included the wonderful "Ever After" papers from Cosmo Cricket, the embellishments from the "Girl Friday" line from Cosmo Cricket (does NOT really go with the Ever After line) and then some cardstock from Core'dinations (with purple and pink cores).  I took one look at it all and thought "wow...this is going to be tough, none of it goes together."  BUT I LOVE what I did.  :)  It was a challenge, but a good one.  I need to use stuff that doesn't go together more often.

Here's my first layout.  On this one I really tried to use some of it all, and this is my new favorite layout.  :)  


I added some of my April DT stuff from Creative Chaos to my layouts, here are close up's of those:


And my second layout doesn't use the Girl Friday embellishments, but I added some of the fabulous sheers from Maya Road, you can find those in the ScrapLovers store here.  

Close-up's:




So, maybe you should go to your stash, pick out some of your favorites that DON'T match and make a page.   Maybe you will love the outcome as much as I did.  Have a great weekend everyone!  

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Gorgeous, Pamela! I really, really, love both pages. The dimension on the first is outstanding and I love your mix of black/white with colored photos on the 2nd.

Happy Easter weekend!

Jocelyn said...

Wow, you did an awesome job on the LO's. I love the challenge, and it is always so easy when things all match, so this would be fun to do!!! Love all the detail work and dimension!!!! Have a great Saturday!!!

Linda Beeson said...

These creations are both truly adorable! I am madly in love with all of the great accents and I just love how you showed off that Core'dinations paper.

Unknown said...

Cute, cute, cute. Love the distressing on the first one.

ellen s. said...

these are gorgeous...every detail blows me away!

Unknown said...

those pics are so cute.... as a whole the layout matches perfectly IMO.

Jess said...

sweet layouts Pamela..love your new pic!

Lucy Edson said...

Love these, Pam!!! The one of you is fabulous!! I can see why it is your fave! And the mixture of papers and embellishment and stitching on the 2nd one is so striking!!