Saturday, November 22, 2008

Wrap it up!

No...I am not talking about Christmas presents.  :)  I have been playing lately...coming up with new things to try.  I think a great way to add texture or design to a project is to wrap something around another element. Such as wrapping thread around ribbon or chipboard. This is what I tried first.

I took my chipboard and thread and just wrapped the thread around the whole thing.


Here's my finished layout with my wrapped star on it:

Close up:

Notice that I not only wrapped my chipboard star but I wrapped thread around the felt trim that is on my page too.  

This was a lot of fun...a little time consuming but worth it for the unique look.  :)  

Papers and flowers are from Making memories.  Felt trim from Creative Imaginations.  Various scraps of paper used fro the quilt behind star.  Lace unknown.  One letter from American Crafts.  3D Paint from Scribbles.  Thread from DMC.  

5 comments:

V Colbourne said...

Very cool! Such a neat idea!!

~Nancy~ said...

Oh wow.. this is such a coooool idea!!!!! Thanks for sharing.. I'll definitely keep this idea in mind!!! Have a great weekend! XOXO

Andrea said...

This is AWESOME Pamela, I love the look of it!

Jess said...

creative idea! love that pg.!

Rachelle said...

behind on my blog surfing...love this look. it adds so much to the layout.