Tuesday, October 28, 2008


So I haven't really done many swaps, but lately I have been participating in the swaps at The Coconut ScrapShop.  (You can find their swaps here.)  This first one is for a tag swap with a "Gratitude" theme.  Here is what I made:

I made ten, so there are several different variations of this one...but all pretty similar.

Tags (both paper tag and metal rimmed tag) and Magic Mesh from Stampin' Up!, Stickers from Basic Grey, Journaling Spots from Heidi Swapp, Chipboard Letters from K & Company, and paint from Making Memories (used paint on bubble wrap on the metal rimmed tags, color: Monarch).  

And then, the second swap I just finished was the Winter Wonderland ATC swap.  I think there are still a couple openings in this swap.  But this one is my favorite...I really like how it turned out and I had a lot of fun trying all sorts of techniques with it.  Here's what it looks like:

I started off with some Shimmery White cardstock and randomly sprayed Glimmer Mist on it.  Then I stamped and embossed the snowflakes.  The branch is actually embossed with clear over a black pigment ink pad...simply because I liked the way it looked.  I then added red flocking to the berries on the branch.  I added patterned paper on top of the chipboard frame and sanded the edges.  The owl is stamped, embossed, colored and then cut out.  And then of course I added 3D paint because apparently that is my thing.  :)  

And just like the other swap...I made 10, all slightly different but similar to this one.  

Cardstock, Chipboard, and Embossing Powders--Stampin' Up!, Glimmer Mist--Tattered Angels, Stamps--Hero Arts, Patterned Paper--Imaginisce, Flocking--Doodlebug, and 3D Paint--Scribbles.  

This stamp set, from Hero Arts, is quickly becoming my favorite stamp set.  I just love it!!!  :)  You may see many more projects with this stamp set.  


Lisa Dorsey said...

Love all that texture! Great job on these.

happydays525 said...

Those are adorable, thanks for sharing! =)

Scrapper Mom said...

Beautiful swap items!!! Love the wintery one.

Alexandra said...

Oooooh, these are too cute and I get one of each, whoohoo!!! Totally adorable Pamela, I love the little owl, especially! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

joybear said...

They are both AWESOME!!

Jen Glover said...

Pamela, I LOVE these! I can't believe that I get one! ADORABLE!!!! You Rock cutie!

Linda Beeson said...

Clever and adorable creations! LOVE that tag with the kraft colored paper and those orange dots!