Sunday, September 9, 2007

Women's Retreat

Lately I have felt like I am slipping away from my Lord, Jesus Christ. The “stuff” just keeps getting in the way. I am not making time for Him. Sadly, I am not spending time in prayer. I am not reading my Bible. I am just busy, busy, busy…even if it is just being busy with nothingness. But I have felt it…the drifting away…the NEED for HIM. That is why I was excited for this women’s retreat this weekend. It was through my church. I was excited enough that I showed up in the first minute of check-in time, leaving an hour to sit and wait for it to start. I was so glad to be there…I needed to be there! That, of course, is when the headache came. I tried to ignore it, but it got worse and worse. Soon, I had to leave the activities and go up to my hotel room where I threw up for the next hour and a half before I had my husband come and pick me up. Yep, I had a very inconvenient and unpleasant migraine. I left my highly anticipated women’s retreat. I was devastated. What happened? I needed to be there Lord—didn’t I? It wasn’t until today (when I was feeling better) that I realized that as much fun as the retreat would have been…I didn’t need it…I needed Him. This has been the case all along. I don’t need the retreat, or my desired Bible study to start to bring me closer to Him. I just need to do it on my own.

No comments: